UML or Unified Modeling (Eglish: Modelling) Language  is a meta language which uses mainly diagrams  to describe a system.
The authors of UML are Grady Booch, James Rumbaugh en Ivar Jacobson (The Three Amigo's). They had all three their own specialism which has been standardized in UML.
- Booch had Booch 95,
- Rumbaugh had Object Modelling Technique (OMT)
- Jacobson had Object Oriented Software Engineering (OOSE).
Use Case Example
- Use Case
- System Boundary
There is a slight difference between a use case and a business use case. Same applies to Business Actor and Business boundary. Business can be recognized by the cross line.
- Include, usage of another use case
- Extend, optional extension of another use case
- Number or name of the usecase
- Start point
- Decision and Guards
- Split (fork) and Synchronization (join)
- Input / Ouput
- ↑ UML-Diagrams, uml-diagrams.org is an excellent Website with lots of information on UML. The content of this Website is used for this Article.
- ↑ Visual Paradigm, UML-Diagrams.