I am born on Saturday 1954 August 21, studied in the Netherlands (Leiden and Rotterdam), am retired since September 2016.
I live together with my wife and 2 cats (Angel and Doucy).
Since October 2008 we live in Nordhorn, Germany. Yes we are a real Europeans. Major interest are:
- History: the Great War or World War I.
- Motorbikes: I own a Yamaha FJR 1300 and I am a fan of Valentino Rossi.
- Formula 1: Schummi is really the greatest.
- Gambling: I like to make a calculated bet for fun.
Sports keep people healthy and can be brain teasing.
|Sports ToDo||Sports to watch|
I like to take photographs. I use flickr to share them on the Internet.
Statements, Motto or Buzzwords
- Carpe diem! instead of Momento mori. Enjoy the short time you have on this world.
- Once on a bike always a biker.
- The use of programming languages is volatile. Languages as Cobol, Fortran, C, C++ have ruled the world, Now Java is hot.
The advantage of Java it more than a computerlanguage.
But for how long? A stable factor seems to be the usage of Object Oriented technology. I like OO because it refers to the KISS principle.
Knowledge and trivia are closely related, look for examples at the historical facts which has happen om my birthday:
- 1911: The Mona Lisa is stolen from the Louvre museum.
- 1968: Russia brings Winter in Prague, ending the Czechoslovakia Spring.
- 1986: Hundreds gassed in Camroon lake disaster.
- 1986: Giant glacier in Alaska is threatening to cause an ecological disaster in the region
The name Harm is a contraction of the German name Herman . In Dutch (or even better in Frisian) my name means 'warrior'. In English my name, Hearn, is rarely used, but the Dutch forms has a lot of meanings. Let's me give you some examples:
- The 'Harm principle holds that the actions of individuals should only be limited to prevent harm to other individuals.
John Stuart Mill articulated this principle in On Liberty, where he argued that "the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others." 
- The AGM-88 High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile (HARM) is a tactical, air-to-surface missile designed to home in on electronic transmissions coming from surface-to-air radar systems. 
- Harm is a fictional supervillain in the DC Comics universe. He first appeared in Young Justice #4 (January 1999). 
Internet has made knowledge like encyclopedias more accessible. I help to create/edit WikiPedia content.
I always forget the Smiley or Emoticons:
- Blogger Frielink, Harm ideas
- Dutch Radio 2 Top 2000, Music event of the year the Top-2000 of Dutch Radio 2.
- Financial Calculator, Annuity Calculator written as Java Applet
- Harm Frielink Home page, written in HTML with Cascading style sheets without the usage of tables (just for fun).
- Linkedin, business social network links
- Harm Frielink Keywords for searching the Internet, Searching websites based on keys stored in database.
- Wikipedia User Harm Frielink