Chess is a fascinating game. MediaWiki has a great template for creating chess boards. Below are 2 examples of chess positions:
I have been the chairman of LSG (Leidsch Schaak Genootschap), an illustrious chess society in Leiden. LSG is one of the largest chess clubs of the Netherlands and organizes the largest not sponsored tournament Daniel Noteboom.
top Chess can be played on the internet. What you need is basically is a chess server. They are normally hosted by chess internet clubs. The most famous are: Chess can be played on the Internet there are 2 clubs:
- Free Internet Chess Server (FICS), free chess internet chess club. The club also provides information on Clients to play chess on Windows and Mac.
- Internet Chess Club (ICC), paid chess internet chess club. The Club also provides Client Applications for Windows and Mac.
To play a GUI is necessary. Also more choices:
- Babas Chess, the most sophisticated Windows based version.
- Winboard, Winboard and XBoard on Tim Mmann is GNU based chess program
- JinChess, Java version, available as Applet version and run alone version.